As you begin this adventure, keep your eye on the future – your future.
On May 12, 2010, you will have completed your crash course in changing the world. You will have successfully accomplished the 10 missions and 10 quests that help you develop your unique social innovation superpowers.
So: What happens next?
On May 12, 2010, you will face the ultimate challenge: the Evokation. An Evokation is a plan of action. It’s a clear and vivid description of a project you want to undertake. And it’s how YOU will earn the opportunity to continue your journey as a social innovator.
By submitting an Evokation, you will become eligible for:
- online mentorships
- travel scholarships to the first EVOKE summit in Washington, DC
- seed investment to start developing your first social venture
- and other EVOKE rewards
HOW THE EVOKATION WORKS
On May 12, 2010, I will ask you to submit your Evokation – as either a video or a blog post.
Your Evokation must include the following four essential elements:
1. The Place. Where will you make a difference? Describe the institution, community, town or other geographic or virtual space in which you will focus your efforts.
2. The Challenge. What will you aim to change, and for whom? Highlight what is the need that you perceive and who will benefit from this change.
3. The Idea. Your solution – what is the action, product, service, project, change that you will initiate? Tell us how will your idea will succeed where others have failed.
4. The Money. What would you do with your first US$1,000 given or invested in support of your vision?
Based on the Evokation you submit, and your overall participation in the Evoke network missions, quests, and discussions, we will choose a number of you to continue the journey with us and change the world in unimaginable ways.
We will look for truly creative solutions, breakthrough ideas, solid business plans, and courageous projects — and we hope to find up to 20 Evokations to support with at least one award.
You can start preparing NOW for your ultimate challenge.
PARTICIPATE ACTIVELY every week. EVOKE agents who complete all 10 missions and quests will receive top priority for the Evokation awards.
DEVELOP YOUR FOCUS. As you complete quests and missions, try to develop a clear focus. What social problem are you most interested in working on? What community do you want to help? Start building up your knowledge now. Try to strengthen your relationship with a specific community or organization with each and every mission or quest you undertake.
FIND ALLIES. The Evokation can be submitted individually or as a team. So be on the lookout for allies and mentors in the EVOKE network with whom you could join forces to change this world.
SEEK ADVISERS. Many EVOKE agents are here to mentor you throughout the game. Seek out their advice — and if you make a good connection, ask them to review your Evokation before you submit it. They may even offer you an official recommendation or statement of support!
When May 12, 2010 arrives…. will YOU be ready to take the next step of this journey? Will you take your knowledge, your passion, and your vision, and act courageously to convert your ideas into reality? Start preparing now to make your Evokation — so we can continue our social innovation adventure together.
Final EVOKATIONS are due by 11:59 PM PST on May 19.