I would love to see blogs categorized in to sections, food security, environment, innovation etc. There is so much information out there I feel I can’t truly speak to the few who are interested with just plain old being annoying! – Nate B
I don’t know about you, but like Nate I’ve ended up a little overwhelmed by the sheer volume of blog posts, photos and videos which have been shared on EVOKE.
The good news is that we can all work together to create this very categorization system, which will make it much easier for others to find your blog posts, and for you to find theirs.
The idea of a standard format for adding “tags” to EVOKE posts was actually suggested in the first week by Crystal Bellar and resulted in a hearty discussion.
As a result, Alex Stovell announced the start of a Standardised Tag System, which had been outlined on the EVOKE Wiki. You may agree or disagree with the format proposed, but for time’s sake, I suggest we simply embrace and start using it.
- Keep Mission related tags as UPPERCASE, such as IMAGINE2
- Any other tags should be written in ThisFormat (no space between words and each word with a capital letter).
StandardTag Directory: a list of links for shared tags.
What you can do to help:
- Start using the StandardTag format on all your future posts.
- Go back through your existing posts and add new tags in the StandardTag format.
- Add to the StandardTag Directory – there are only a handful of example tags on there at the moment. We need everyone’s help to help it grow, and even reorganize it if necessary.
Finally, the best thing you can do is spread the word about StandardTags – either linking people to this blog post, or to the Directory itself. The more people who use them, the more useful they will be.
Otherwise, you can suggest them in the comments below and someone will add them for you.