Get the facts behind the story. Make yourself an expert.
And discover the 17 secrets of Episode Nine…
1. Why is a deadly flu epidemic likely to start near the Pearl River?
2. What is infodemiology?
3. How can online data help reveal how the flu is spreading?
4. What were some of the real social innovations during the H1N1 pandemic?
5. What else should I know about how to respond in the early stages of a deadly flu outbreak?
6. What’s a dark site?
7. How do I design a dark site?
8. What kind of open platform would Ember use to help patients SMS doctors?
9. What’s the most amazing thing a mobile phone could do to help diagnose disease?
10. What other kinds of mobile medical applications are being developed today?
11. How can mobile phones help connect rural doctors with a global network?
12. Where’s Shipai — and what’s an “urban village”?
13. What’s microfranchising?
14. What are micro-clinics, and where are they being tested?
15. How might “distributed triage” really work?
16. How did the EVOKE team manage to arrange cubesats in a custom constellation?
17. How could you really get cubesats to reflect light back to Earth, as if they were stars?
Keep the investigation going…
Did you spot other clues about the future in episode nine? Post them here!
And share what you know: Add more links, and ask and answer questions, in the comments below.